Thursday, September 1, 2011

Biscuit Brownies


I'm happy to report that I've discovered yet another recipe for my "Toddler Treat" collection, this one from a blog that is one of my favorites, Nag's Edible Garden. You can read her post here, Eggless No-Bake Biscuit Brownie. Even happier to note that my son gobbled them down, two, no... three, no... four in one go! So I've added this to my repertoire of recipes to make for him to take to school as well as simply to nibble on at home. Not to mention that the adults in the house, my parents, too enjoyed it, so that's a plus! This one is not only delicious but also very easy to make because it does not require any baking or difficult-to-find ingredients.
    
     Ingredients:
  1. 20 to 25 Marie biscuits
  2. 2 to 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Cadbury's)
  3. A handful (1/4 cup) of roasted nuts (obviously, skin removed-I used almonds)
  4. 2 teaspoons sugar
  5. Half a tin of condensed milk (I used Milkmaid-this is normally a 400 g tin)
     How-To
  • First break the Marie biscuits coarsely and then powder in your food processor or mixie.
  • Chop up the nuts coarsely or grind them to a fine powder, according to whether you like to bite into the nuts or not (I ground it fine because my son does not like to bite into nutty bits!).
  • Add this, along with the cocoa powder and sugar, into the biscuit powder and combine everything well.
  • Now add the condensed milk gradually, stirring and mixing with a spoon, very firmly until it all comes together into a smooth mixture. It should be thick and not runny.
  • Either butter a flat baking dish or pie dish or line with butter paper.
  • Transfer the mixture to it and flatten with wet fingers or the back of a spoon.
  • Refrigerate overnight for best results.
  • Later, cut into squares and store in the fridge (if you get any remaining, that is!).
TIPS:
Just wanted to say this goes very well with a glass of milk on the side!!!


Linking this to:


 

0 comments:

ShareThis